(as of Jun 22,2023 22:18:30 UTC – Details)
Discover the gripping, action-packed history of the motorcycle, from the earliest petrol-powered two-wheelers to the blistering superbikes of today.
This book illustrates the diverse spectrum of bikes, including the earliest prototypes and battery-powered machines of the modern age. It showcases motorcycles in all their forms, from humble scooters that offer mobility to the masses, the scrabblers and racers that delight enthusiasts, to the iconic choppers and cruisers that can cross continents.
The Motorbike Book tells the fascinating stories behind the world’s leading manufacturers, the roles played by their influential designers and engineers, and their milestone models. It not only charts the technological developments of motorcycles, but also the cultural backdrop against which the various models arose and their impact on society – as objects of curiosity, affordable means of transport, symbols of rebellion, or the first choice for full-throttle action on the road, trail, or track.
This captivating book will broaden your understanding of motorbikes, offering:
– The most noteworthy motorcycles of each decade in beautifully photographed catalogues.
– Over 1,000 motorcycles, from Italy’s Ducati to Japan’s Suzuki.
– Striking galleries to showcase the key motorcycles of each period, along with their specifications and distinctive features.
– Iconic motorcycles of each era, such as the 1920 Indian Scout or the 1980s Honda RC30, are showcased in specially commissioned “virtual tours”.
– Profiles of companies like Honda and Harley-Davidson and the people behind them.
Fully updated to include the latest models from around the world and cutting-edge innovations, this new edition features over 1,000 must-see machines, with models from ACE to Zu¨ndapp. It is the ideal read for motorcycle and motorsport enthusiasts, whether they’re a biker themselves or an armchair devotee.
From the brand
Shop crafting and hobby books
Shop history books
Shop gardening books
Shop travel inspiration
Shop popular culture books
Shop nature’s marvels
Shop encyclopedias for kids
Shop mythology for kids
Publisher : DK; 1st edition (2 April 2012)
Language : English
Hardcover : 320 pages
ISBN-10 : 1405394404
ISBN-13 : 978-1405394406
Dimensions : 25.9 x 2.6 x 30.8 cm